August 02, 2020

'Taos Is Art' Banner

More highlights since moving to Taos. For the past three years, I've been honored to have my artwork selected for the 'Taos Is Art' Banner competition to celebrate and acknowledge the living artists of Taos County.


2020 'Taos Is Art' Banner

This year my banner is hanging on the east side of the Taos Plaza.

"After the Storm", 24" x 36", oil on canvas

Here is the full painting for you to see. As the banners are long and vertical, I used a thin slice of this horizontal piece.

This painting sold back in early February, pre-Covid-19, that now seems like a lifetime ago. At the time, I was thrilled to get news of the sale on the same day I got news from the Town of Taos that they had accepted my art for the banner!

Life has now changed dramatically, but know that art is still alive and thriving throughout the world, and more important than ever for our collective well-being.

2019 'Taos Is Art' Banner

Here is my 2019 banner. In 2019, the Taos Arts Council partnered with SOMOS, the literary organization, to create Poetry and Art in Public Places. I was honored to have my piece chosen for the project.
Eighteen Taos poets each selected a single art image from the Banner Project and wrote an Ekphrasis Poem inspired by the piece of art. [Ekphrasis is art inspired by another art form, primarily from painting.] Margery Reading wrote a beautiful poem to pair with my painting.

     "Until That Moment", 24" x 24", oil on canvas                      

Here is the full painting for my 2019 banner. The banners are long and narrow, and I'm primarily painting square, so I used a slice of one of my paintings.


2018 'Taos Is Art' Banner

Here is the full painting used for my 2018 banner.

"Radiance", oil on canvas, 24" x 24"

                     

No comments: