July 26, 2020

"Out of The Blue"

Here's a highlight from this past year. "Out of The Blue" received a second place award at the Taos Fall Arts Festival this past September.

"Out of The Blue", 30" x 30", oil on canvas


I was honored and thrilled to get this award, and was so glad to have a chance to speak with the juror at the opening reception.

Here's what the juror, Andrea Pichaida had to say:
"'Out of The Blue'. What a beautiful composition where light, shadows, shapes and color play together to transport the viewer into a world of dance, happiness with music, warmth and togetherness. Well done!"

She told me had it fit the theme of the show better, she would have given it first place, the theme being "Of Heaven and Earth". Have I mentioned that I won't paint to themes! My artwork is intuitive, I never know where I am going when I start, I let the painting take me where it needs to go. For me, that's the way to create my strongest art.

Sadly, the Taos Fall Arts Festival has been cancelled this year due to Covid-19. We can all hope it takes place in 2021! Stay safe!


"Sink into my art and be transported."
To view more of my work, visit: www.lydiajohnston.com




No comments: